We welcome all visitors to experience Faith Lutheran Church. Our congregation is a young, vibrant, and growing family, and you are invited to experience all we have to offer.
Worship is central to who we are and what we do as we gather to confess our sin, receive God’s forgiveness, worship through music and prayer, and be nurtured by God grace through word and sacrament.
Please note our service times on our Worship Service Info Page.
Blended Worship Worship
This blended service is a combination of traditional Lutheran liturgy and hymns, plus contemporary worship practices. Traditional organ music, piano, plus guitars, drums, and the Faith Singers are all possibilities in the service. We hear the lectionary readings, children have time with Pastor Adam for the children’s sermon, and Holy Communion.
Class schedules and times vary with safe Covid 19 Pandemic practices. Please contact the church for current classes and times.
9:30 Sunday Mornings | On a typical Sunday morning, people of all ages gather to grow in their faith during Sunday School, which occurs between our two worship services.
- Children ages three through 6th grade head to the large Sunday School room for an opening with very energetic and interactive music and prayer. They then engage in a lesson about a particular Bible story. We have developed our own three year curriculum which covers 108 significant stories from the Bible. Over the nine years a child participates in Sunday School, they ideally will have learned about each of these stories at least three times.
- Youth grades 7-9 participate in confirmation class. They dig deeper into the Old and New Testaments and learn about specific aspects of the Lutheran tradition such as the Sacrament of Baptism, the Sacrament of Holy Communion, The Apostles’ Creed, Martin Luther and the Protestant Reformation, and what it means to confess our faith, confirm our convictions, claim our call.
- Youth grades 10-12 engage in a High School Bible study. They cover topics relevant to their lives and interests, frequently using music and movie clips to stimulate discussion.
- Adults gather for an Adult Bible Study. We recently studied, “Making Sense of the Christian Faith” by David Lose, a book that helped us dig deeper into understanding theology, creation, original sin, atonement, the church, the Holy Spirit, and eschatology. We also studied, “The Lord is My Shepherd” by Rabbi Harold Kushner, a book that bring new life and meaning to the beloved 23rd Psalm.
Tuesday Morning Discipleship Group
We meet at 8:00 am on Tuesday mornings at McDonald’s to share our highs and lows, read the gospel lesson for the upcoming Sunday, reflect and share about it, and pray together. There is always a light breakfast served and an empty chair at the table for others to join us.
Youth and Family Ministry
Faith encourages all of our families of all ages to engage in faith practices in the home. Specifically, we educate and empower families to participate in the “Faith 5.” It teaches five Faith Acts In The Home, including 1) sharing highs and lows, 2) reading a Bible verse, 3) talking about it, 4) praying together, and 5) blessing one another. Our Youth and Family ministry focuses on nurturing homes where faith is fostered and grown.
LOCATION & PARKING
Faith Lutheran Church is located at:
1385 West Walnut, Jacksonville, IL 62650
Contact us at:
217.245.8919 or click here to email us.
Ample parking is available in the lots at the church. The building is accessible to those with disabilities, but there may be small disruptions during our current expansion project. Please call us if you have any concerns.
- Doorbell Dinners
- Storybook Project
- Shoeman Project
- New Directions meals
- Sack-Lunch Saturdays
- Food Center
- “Money Follows Mission”
- Family Farm
- Lutheran Disaster Response